Friday, August 5, 2011

Butterfly Magnolia

Hello All,
  I made this card for three challenges.  She is the Magnolia Butterfly girl.
  I finished reading "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See and it was very very good.  I was reading it for the Color Me Creative Bookendz site.  It is about a friendship between two women who grow up in china.  That is all I'm going to say because I think you should read it.  It is also becoming a movie soon.
  Well, this next week our work is picking up.  It's the first time we'll be working overtime since the earthquake and Tsunami hit Japan a few months ago.  I'm kinda bummed because I was enjoying the 8hr days.  I was getting plenty of sleep and getting some crafting and coloring done.  I really enjoyed my 8hr days.  Boy am I going to miss them.  I really don't like working overtime "sigh".
  Well, I hope all is well with everyone and that your creative juices are flowing!
Hugs,
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. She's precious!

    I loved the book, too. Glad it is going to be made into a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I love all of the lacy details and soft colors.

    ReplyDelete