Thursday, November 4, 2010

Back from OR

  A Mary and I just started our quilting project.  She has wanted a double wedding ring quilt for a long time and I was able to help her get started on a paper piecing method.
 
  Here we have been piecing for days!  A Mary has her new sewing machine up and running and I am borrowing Jenifers.  If you look at the lower right hand corner, you'll see two of the arcs sewn together.  We got enough done so that she can finish it herself.  I think she's done really well considering she is new at this.  Plus, the quilt she chose is not an easy one.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  There is a lot of pinning so it is time consuming to put it together.
   A Mary with Elder Cazier.  She is teaching him how to put an arc together.  I think he did two all by himself.  Elder McPhee is on the phone.
  I am going to miss being with A Mary and U Gary.  I had a very nice visit and will miss them tremendously.  
  A Mary and I are going to do a block of the month quilt together also.  I'll have to post a picture of the fabric we chose later.  We got the fabric from The Center Diamond in Cannon Beach OR.
  I have more to post so stay tuned!
Piece,
Carolyn
  Book I'm currently reading

No comments:

Post a Comment