Friday, June 10, 2011

Color Me Creative Class

   Hello friends!  This is a picture of Suzanne J. Dean from scrapbitz.blogspot.com.  She teaches Copic coloring classes thru her online classroom.  I was fortunate to be able to take a class from her on June 4th in Greensboro NC.  She is such a super sweet lady and funny to boot!
  I took my oldest daughter Danielle with me and we had a very nice visit.
  This is my first card that I designed on my own!  I will be sending it in to a challenge for Magnolia-Licious Stamps.  I don't expect to win of course, because I've seen some of the wonderful cards that have been made by some of the ladies but I'd still like to send in my card.  As time goes by, I hope to get better at this.  I've found that there are sooo many card designs out there and so many ideas!  A lot of these ladies are so talented and make such beautiful cards. 
  It took 3 trips to the Scrapbook Page before I found exactly what I was looking for in paper to show off my little Magnolia girl!  She is colored in Copic Markers and the paper I used is Close To My Heart, Echo Park "Spring Time" and "X Press It" Blending cardstock.
  Well, I guess that is it for now,
Hugs,
Carolyn

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and pretty coloring on the image. Lovely take on using the inspiration photo. Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious. Hope to see you again for the next ones :-)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! Love your interpretation of our inspiration photo! Thanks so much for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple and yellow are so beautiful together! Lovely card :-) Thanks so much for joining us at Little Darlings Challenges!!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is that to meet Suzanne in person. I got to meet Marianne Walker recently at my copic cert and I know how you feel!!
    Your card is darling. I love the extra touch of that pin on the ribbon!! Fabulous!! Hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete