Thursday, August 26, 2010

Card Using Book Paper as B&T


  Today, I made a card using the pages from a book for my background paper.  Everything I used was CTMH except for the book page.  I was recently inspired by Gina K but I've seen this technique used several places and cannot honestly remember them all.
  I've been in the mood to create since staying up last night to watch Tresa Black on ustream create a beautiful Batik card using our September SOTM.
  To age/distress page:
  1. I cut my page 3 3/4 X 5
  2. Distress edge with Chocolate ink.
  3. Crumple page into a tight ball then lay out flat.
  4. Swipe creases with Desert Sand.
  5. With Rubber Brayer, layer on Bamboo ink all over.
For the card:
  • 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 Card Base (Tulip CS)
  • 3 7/8 X 5 1/8 Chocolate CS
  • 3 3/4 X 5 Book page
  • 2 1/2 X 4 Tulip CS
  • 2 1/4 X 3 3/4 Chocolate CS
  • 2 X 3 1/2 Colonial White CS (Flower)
Accessories:
C1247 Simple Blossoms

Chocolate Ink
Bamboo Ink
Desert Sand Ink
Tulip Ink
Sweet Leaf Ink

1 comment:

  1. Nice card!♥

    Thanks for commenting on my card on the SCACD blog. You asked about coloring with Prismacolor pencils. Yes, I do use gamsol when I color. Here you can see a great tutorial by a talented lady:
    Nixe-Moni's MCP tutorial

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete