Monday, August 30, 2010

Christmas Cards and a Gift

  I started making my Christmas Cards early!  This is just one of three that I started and is Jamie's favorite.  He says that this one looks more "Christmasy".  It is the emboss resist technique and I just loved making it.  I think the next one for emboss resist that I make will have a different scene on it.  The colors I used on this card are:  Cranberry, Cocoa, New England Ivy and Garden Green by CTMH.
     This journal I made today for a friend of mine.  I thought it would be a nice thing to do for her.  She babysits all day long and I've been thinking of her a lot these past few days and thought I'd make her something that she could use.  I've not given it a title per se so she could use it for what her needs are like keeping times for the kids or whatever.  I made it out of a composition book and the CTMH "Veranda" papers and I made her a matching pen to go with it.
  I finally broke down and bought myself a Cuttlebug.  I had a Sizzix Big Kick until I gave it and the stuff that I bought to a girl at work after I bought myself a Cricut.  I didn't think I'd be needing the Big Kick and thought I'd be a blessing.  Well, some of the cards that I've been itching to do are done with some embellishing from Spellbinders.  So, off to Michael's, AC Moore and Hobby Lobby I went.  With coupons of course!  Can't beat 40% off!
  Piece,
 Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment